A few hours ago a customer emailed with a feature request “We’d love to be able to check for specific content on the page, like tracking code which isn’t GA”
About 20 minutes ago I replied with “Hello! that’s live now, hope this helps”
They instantly replied with “Best customer service ever”
Now what this story doesn’t mention are the 20 customers that have asked for this feature since July.. but they aren’t as impressed with us.
But you can now search for specific words or phrases within the HTML and we will tell you if they ever disappear (just remember, we only check once a day!)
This feature is perfect for
- Tracking systems that we don’t check by default
- Making sure a CSS ID or CLASS appears
- Check for a link on a page and confirm it’s there
- Ensure nobody changes the h1 tag
- I’d come up with more examples but it’s 22:30 and I’m tired.