About a year ago we launched Little Warden to the public. So this week we had a little party to celebrate.
(Whilst we don’t have the marketing budget for big fancy parties we can invite all our customers to, we do have enough money to buy discounted party tat from Poundland and a caterpillar cake)
What a year it’s been for us, we’ve had over 20 feature launches, some simply wonderful tweets, mentions at conferences all around the world, sponsored a podcast and a conference and spent good marketing money on stupid stuff on Fiverr.
We (Heather, Scarlett and I) would like to thank every single one of our customers for their support, feedback and suggestions over the last year, we read every single tweet, email and live chat (well Scarlett doesn’t but we read the good ones out to her) and they really do mean so much to our family.
But more importantly, it wouldn’t be a birthday celebration without presents so here is ours.
Hourly checks are now enabled for everyone!
We’ve been testing this for a while now (mainly for scale) but when you add sites now, you get the option of checking hourly instead of daily, this feature suggestion has been one of the loudest we’ve received from customers since we started and now we feel confident in enabling it to all our customers at no extra cost. (we did initially think about doing this as an add-on, but that would have been a shit birthday present)
So what’s next?
We’ve got plenty set to launch in the next few weeks
- A brand new website! (we had hoped to launch this for our Birthday but it turns out writing interesting marketing copy about rel=’canonical’ changes is hard)
- Some UX and speed improvements in the application (Including the ability to mass-change checks on multiple URLs)
- A Little Warden podcast (because what you needed to hear was more of me)
- More Checks! (yep, the aim is to have 40 selectable checks by the end of the year)
- More charity fundraising (like the Penguin Awards! Remember to get involved with those please!)
- More event speaking (I’m speaking in September at BrightonSEO but I’m hoping to get a few more events in between, if you have an event and want a part time coder / part time comedian to do a talk, get in touch.)
- More family photos. (obviously)
So with plenty more to come, it’s time to put a close on year one.. and look forward to year two.
Thank you so much and have a magical day
Dom, Heather and Scarlett.
P.S. if you’d like to get US a birthday present, there are three ideas;
- If you are a customer, please consider sending a tweet that we can add to our testimonials page.
- If you are a digital agency or work in digital, please consider entering the Penguin Awards, they are 100% for charity and I’d like to raise £7500 this year.
- If neither of those applies, we have a Just Giving page for the ‘stupid runs’ Dom is going to do this year (including one this weekend), please consider donating some scratch for Martin House Children’s Hospice.