We live in a world where a garage that I used 3 years ago has just emailed me its coronavirus plan. Obviously that’s on our mind a lot but we’ve been working on some other things
- We completely rebuilt our sitemap parsing system to handle much much larger sitemaps (and make the validator a little less strict)
- We can now handle Gzipped sitemaps!
- The homepage now has images that have accurate logos and screenshots!
- Fixed an issue with the counts on the dashboard possibly being out of date in some cases
It’s clear that the next few months are going to be tough all round, we’ve already had some customers cancel due to budget cuts and as a small SaaS tool where every customer counts, it’s concerning
But we must carry on, improve and hope that our customers see the value in LW and the work we do, so on that note work has started on our more granular notifications for each check, this will allow you to select the cirumstances in which you get messaged with changes and issues
- Like many Brits we are just waiting for the schools to close, we’ve got a plan of action if that happens and work will continue on LW during this time.
- Heather and I have worked together for years on a daily basis so there is no concern there (although we have been looking for some co-op switch games that won’t induce divorce)
Next Family Trip?
As we speak now, every Disney park in the world is closed, countries are on lock down and people are reselling toilet roll amazon for ridiculous prices.. it’s not a fun time for anyone.
We’ve manage to cancel and get a refund on most of the asia trip now (just the Japan portion left) and once that’s done, we will re-think what’s going on.
We have Wine and Dine booked for November as this years #badparentsweek and I am hoping to hope that at least we know more by then.
This is where we try and highlight something every week that we didn’t create in the hope it gets some attention from other people (and they aren’t a usually a client so THIS ISN’T A PAID LINK JOHN..
There are many people affected by the current situation but I want to give a shoutout to all the event organisers in our industry that have had to cancel or postpone events at great cost or stress.
A special shoutout to our friends at MKGO who took the tough decision to postpone, we are sponsoring along with our frenemies SiteBulb and when they select a date at the end of the year, we’d love to see you there.
That’s a wrap!
It’s always a toss-up with these things to be honest ‘when things are a bit crap’ or to have a ‘strong company front’. We try not to bullshit at LW and so I’m sorry if this Update is a bit negative, it’s gonna be tough here at LW towers for a bit, but I know we will be fine.
Real Dom, Heather, Scarlett and of course, Robot Dom