There is an SEO conference in Disneyland Paris this weekend and I’ve not been invited to speak… Almost all of my search presentations involve Disney and this would be the one
I am gutted.
But that’s not going to stop me from giving you a quick Disneyland Paris Primer to make sure you get the most out of your
Disneyland Paris is two parks and a Shopping / Dining village, these parks are smaller than their American counterparts but still have their own charm,
The most common question I’ve been asked by speakers is “what rides I go on” so let’s try and answer that and a few other
Phantom Manor(closed for refurb)
- Space Mountain* – ( In the dark coaster)
- Star Tours* – (Star wars based motion simulator)
- Pirates of the Caribbean* – (Water base dark ride which inspired the films)
- Indiana Jones* – (Standard off the shelf coaster, nothing special)
- Big Thunder Mountain* – Runaway mine train, probably the best version out of all the Disneys
- It’s a small world – if you come to Disneyland and don’t go on this… what is wrong with you.
Walt Disney Studios
Crush’s Coaster– (Closed for Refurb)
- Ratatouille* – Just do this one (soon to be copied in WDW’s Epcot)
- Aerosmith* – Indoor coaster
- Lights Motors Action – Car based stunt show
- RC Racer – Half pipe car coaster
- Tower of Terror – world famous drop attraction
(These recommendations are based on a solo traveller without any children, if you are bringing kids, let me know and I’ll recommend some different plans)
Other things to notes
Disneyland Paris has a Fastpass system which is free to use, if a ride has a large queue, you can go to a Fastpass machine, put in your park ticket and it will give you a time to come back (the attractions above with * all have Fastpass)
You can have one
If money isn’t a problem and you are short on time, Disneyland Paris have recently introduced a paid fastpass which allows you to skip the queue on one or all the rides, once or unlimited times throughout the day.
Parades & Special Events
It’s currently Star Wars time at Walt Disney Studios park has special things throughout the day with marches from the First Order and Legends of a Galaxy Far, Far Away featuring some of the best characters from the galaxy as well as some special photo opportunites (this week it’s Chewbacca
Disneyland Park has
At the end of the evening, Disneyland Park has a ‘kiss goodnight’ show, now I will warn you, this won’t be an all singing, all dancing fireworks spectacle of its American cousins (there are people that live too close to DLP with noise complaints about that) but they have some wonderful projection mapping and water effects (without spoiling)
Walt Disney Studios usually closes earlier and at this current time has a Star Wars based show which has some impressive mapping.